Kochi and Babu before the Angkor Wat with Thambi mama and Amma
I remember a crocheted table cloth that Lakshmi wanted to give me….
Whenever I attended an event in India I was in her sari and jewels!! My supplier is gone!!
She was her own person too!!!you couldn’t influence her in any way. We were looking at some gold bracelet in Cerritoes during her visit to US. Padmi was suggesting may be we shouldn’t buy in US gold jewellery and buy in India. She was so clear headed and said I liked the workmanship here and don’t care if it is more expensive in US!!!!
Whenever I attended an event in India I was in her sari and jewels!! My supplier is gone!!
She was her own person too!!!you couldn’t influence her in any way. We were looking at some gold bracelet in Cerritoes during her visit to US. Padmi was suggesting may be we shouldn’t buy in US gold jewellery and buy in India. She was so clear headed and said I liked the workmanship here and don’t care if it is more expensive in US!!!!
She was my constant companion whenever I was in India —she had Taylor for stitching Duvet and cushion covers or jeweler to fix small stuff and just walk TNsgar and other places.
One time we bought material for sofa covers and i got stitched in Chennai and she brought it to Singapore. The sizes were wrong. She took it back to Chennai and got it altered and sent it with Dehali to Singapore. We didn’t have one argument!!
One time we bought material for sofa covers and i got stitched in Chennai and she brought it to Singapore. The sizes were wrong. She took it back to Chennai and got it altered and sent it with Dehali to Singapore. We didn’t have one argument!!
Had strong opinions on all topics including keeping dogs as pets and eating meat but you will never hear it in a public forum and she won’t preach.
I remember kochi saying when he went on a trip with her to Kerala how she was’s fussy about being in non vegetarian restaurant and she adjusted easily and didn’t make a fuss.
I remember kochi saying when he went on a trip with her to Kerala how she was’s fussy about being in non vegetarian restaurant and she adjusted easily and didn’t make a fuss.
Easy companion to travel with !!!
She loved travel and had been to many places in India including Simla and I remember she saying how the weather was horrible and all.
I was telling padmi we should do a trip to Europe and that didn’t materialize .
Her interest to travel changed as she got older. I remember when she went overseas for the first time alone, she was extremely anxious
I was telling padmi we should do a trip to Europe and that didn’t materialize .
Her interest to travel changed as she got older. I remember when she went overseas for the first time alone, she was extremely anxious
She enjoyed seeing places but was a nervous Traveling. She enjoyed having Arvind as her travel companion. I remember padmi and I dropped her off at Los Angeles airport and she was going back to Chennai alone.
We were sisters and we had same complaints and similar concerns about family and children. She had a softer way of expressing herself. Now, I don’t have my companion in Chennai to go to T Nagar and Upholstry shops and multiple trips to the tailor!!!! She enjoyed sight seeing so much that it was a pleasure to travel with her. I remember when we were in Japan her camera needed batteries, We debated whether we should buy batteries in the tourist place or outside. She wanted her pictures and didn’t mind spending the extra money!!! Kochi really appreciated how she didn’t fuss about food and ate and enjoyed all food as long as it was vegetarian. Always willing to accompany you for any shopping trip even though she didn’t need/want anything.


No comments:
Post a Comment