Sunday, May 23, 2021

Tara


 

 

Blogging under the wire—
I am so thrilled we have all come together to celebrate Lakshmi. I think of her mischievous giggle- smiling and laughing obfuscating a keen observation; her artist’s eye-  she sees beauty and art in the smallest object; her love of flowers, flowers flowers. The ways she enjoys  beauty in the picture of a flower from a free bank calendar,  personifies to me, pure Non Attachment.

 

 

 

                 In Kamakura


 Manhole cover!  ->






Every trip to Lakshmi chitty’s house, she followed me  around from room to room, offering me various gifts:  a doily she had crochet by hand a few decades ago, a flower, a picture of a flower, a piece of wood that looked like a flower.  Then from the godridge out came pouch after pouch— from a red pouch a red necklace, from a blue bag, a blue stone necklace a blue stone, green stones from a green pouch. Then the food courses would commence, would I accept a burfi , if not a fruit, if not various fried snacks, if not dried fruit, if nots continued until  I finally relented, and so I would.  She was quietly and intensely attentive.  I felt her love every time I stepped across the threshold of her house.  And I miss her dearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment