Two days back, as I was going thru old papers, I stumbled on my tribute to my mother in law for her 90th birth day. I was the last to contribute, as usual , to the souvenir being brought out.As I took the pen and paper, the words simply flowed. If I had all the time, I would not have written better.Such was her affection, sheer motherly love!
As regards Lakshmi, she is also the same. Saroja has written adequately on this. She came to Thanjavur in 1946 a few months after birth. Amma’s small pox had left pockmarks on her face also, though mildly. I remember her crawling on the floor. She was short and slim
Admiring the skill of a monkey drinking cola!
In Delhi,the siblings formed a compact group, going to school, learning music and playing, till they went to college.Her individual identity was noticeable only after marriage. What stuck us was that she can be taken for granted if the cause is good, getting her cooperation wholeheartedly. She merged with the family unobtrusively. I am proud to be her Anna. In our interactions, there was no friction whatsoever; only harmony and understanding.
Once upon a time mama, appa and I had hair, and amma had black hair!
May she be blessed with long life and the sweetness she radiates therein.
Thambi


No comments:
Post a Comment